APHID SPRAY BLEND
Aphids are annoying little creatures that sometimes get to our plants, both indoor and outdoor. This essential oil blend may help to keep aphids away.
- Lemongrass oil 2 drops
- Basil oil 2 drops
Add this mixture of essential oils to 120ml of water in a spray bottle, shake well and spray your plants regularly to help keep aphids at bay.
TICK DETERRENT BLEND
- Citronella oil 1ml
- Lemongrass oil 2ml
- Thyme oil 1ml
- Sage oil 2ml
Combine the above essential oils in a 5ml bottle then invert to blend. Put 10 drops into a 60 ml bottle and add a teaspoon of white alcohol. Shake well and add water. Shake again and spray pant legs with blend before heading out into the woods for a walk during tick season.
MOTH DETERRENT – OUTDOOR BLEND
- Lavender oil 5-6 drops
- Several strips of ribbon
- Small bowl of water
Float the Lavender oil on top of the water. Soak the ribbons in this mixture and hang them in the trees or near where you are sitting outdoors. It is said that moths detest Lavender.
SPRING CLEANING BLEND
All Purpose Disinfectant… Add 10 drops of your favourite antiseptic, or anti-bacterial essential oil to a litre of hot water along with a 1/4 cup of vinegar.
Or directly to a sponge or damp cloth, add a drop or two of
- Eucalyptus oil 2 drops
- Lavender oil 2 drops
- Lemon oil 2 drops
- Juniper oil 2 drops
- Thyme oil 2 drops
- Pine oil 2 drops or Rosemary oil and wipe down the surfaces as usual.
- Cleaning glass…add 10 drops of lemon oil to 1/4 cup vinegar and water.
- Doing dishes…Add several drops of essential oil such as Pine oil, Orange, Lemon or peppermint essential oil to your natural base dish soap.
- Carpet freshener… To make a carpet freshener, mix one cup of baking soda with 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oils and store in a glass jar with a lid. Sprinkle over your carpet the next day, let stand for 15 minutes, then vacuum. Use essential oils with relaxing properties for the bedroom, and stimulating oils for rooms that see more activity.
- Vacuum cleaner… Add a few drops of essential oil to your disposable vacuum cleaner bag to scent as you clean.
- As a laundry additive… Add a few drops of essential oil to the water before adding clothes and launder as usual. Also add a few drops to a sheet of paper towel to scent your clothing.
- Deodorize sports and athletic wear…add a few drops of Peppermint essential oil to smelly sneakers or use Peppermint hydrosol to freshen up winter boots.
- *This is educational information and any opinions expressed here-in do not replace professional medical advice. If you are ill, see a suitably qualified medical practitioner.*